Wednesday, November 13, 2013

To all the moms out there: The 5 minute challenge

I've recently received a few emails from a couple different moms, all with the same complaint- "All of the outfits I see on blog and Pinterest aren't realistic for me because I have kids".
While I don't have kids yet, I do understand the conflict of wanting to dress up but also needing something functional (shout out to all my nanny fams who kept me busy/employed during my college years).

So I gave myself the 5 minute challenge and channeled my inner mom. I gave myself 5 minutes to get ready for running errands and completing all of my mom duties, and I gave myself 5 minutes to transition over into a date night outfit. Wearing the same shirt was important to me because I wanted to show versatility in clothing purchases.



For the day time: Gap ruffle shirt ($5 via goodwill), skinny jeans, flats and little stud earrings.

I know that necklaces and bracelets are not typically options as a mom, so the ruffles of the shirt gave me enough confidence to feel put together still. The red lipstick also put a little pep in my step.



Please excuse the wrinkles on the shirt- I wanted to make it realistic... busy moms don't have time to iron ;) 


Night time: Date night, back to school night, coffee with friends; anything. I threw on red pumps, added a gold tassel necklace, and grabbed a clutch. I think it took me about 3 minutes total. 




What do you guys think? Realistic for a mom to dedicate 3-5 minutes to throw on a ruffle shirt and some lipstick?


P.S. I loved receiving emails this last week- please keep them coming!!


Xoxo, 
Nicole 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...