Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thrifting. Part I

Thrifting is one of my favorite subjects in the world.
Yes, in the world.
It's just like Pringles- once you start, the fun don't stop. (Is that how the saying goes?)

But, there are a few rules to thrifting- because if not done properly, you could end up spending a lot more money than retail.

Thrifting Rule #1: Buy nice pieces. 
Sounds simple right? Right.
Buying nice pieces will ensure that you you are still buying quality pieces that won't fall apart after one wash.
I get really excited when I find Banana Republic and JCrew pieces; and to date, some of my thrifted items are still my favorite & most worn.
But within this rule, there is another rule- don't buy something simply for the names sake.
I have fallen victim to buying pieces simply for the name and I never wear them because I don't really like them- I just like the name.
Moral of the story: look for items that you like & that are from a known store. 

**Exceptions do apply- sweaters, skirts & sometimes dresses may be exempt from this rule. This rule is really important for all shirts. 


This sweater was $7 from Goodwill. Scroll down and check the tag to see where it originally was from.






Do you have any thrifting secrets to share??

Xoxo,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...