Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Almost a two-for.

This post was originally supposed to be a two-for-one post. I didn't post an outfit yesterday and had planned to just post both today. But. Someone must have stolen my camera and deleted all of my good pictures of yesterdays outfit and only left the bad ones. Or maybe it had to do with running late and not realizing I didn't snap any good ones. It's a mystery that is currently under investigation.

Turns out, I didn't get too great of pictures for todays outfit either. Story of my life. I like taking pictures in the morning because I am fresh and my makeup and hair look probably as good as they will for the day. But the snooze button is my friend and I start eliminating morning tasks just for 5 minutes more of sleep. The difference between 7:30 and 7:40 today was outfit pictures and properly curling my hair.

Here's to getting dressed early enough tomorrow. Or maybe investing in a tripod.



Cardigan: BP (thrifted) $1.50
Shirt under: moms closet FREE
Skirt: Banana Republic (thrifted) $5
Belt: Thrifted $1
Shoes: Thrifted $5 (with LOTS of disinfectant) 

See? Sad stuff. I have been loving these shoes lately. And a student today asked me if I was a "shoe enthusiast." When I asked why he thought that, he said that normal people wouldn't wear those shoes. Not sure if I should be offended or flattered. Either way, I heart the shoes.

Anyone have some stellar self timer outfit tricks for a rookie?? Share away!


Linked up here:

Thrifters Anonymous

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog! I'm a new follower!: ) you are so cute! are you a teacher? I teach third grade. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!! I'm not a teacher, although I used to be a behavior therapist and definitely understand the difficulty of dressing professionally but still needing to be able to move around quickly and efficiently! I actually work admissions in a private university in Southern California, it's so rewarding to help people get started on their degrees! 3rd grade would be so much fun! Thank you so much for following!

      Delete
  2. that is so neat that you love your job and get to help in that way! Thanks for following me back! :) I do use a tripod for my pictures. Luckily we already had one - but they are pretty cheap - I think ours is from target and it was less than $25. It makes things much easier. (and less embarrassing to have to ask someone to take your pictures!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of tucking in the cardi and layering it with the deeper shade of purple. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...