Monday, February 27, 2012

I'm Going on a Picnic And I'm Bringing an....

umbrella! Looks like winter has decide to hit San Diego for a few days. Rain and wind and the whole 10 yards leaves me feeling like I wish I owned an umbrella. I also have had a few Marilyn Monroe moments today... I don't know how you cold weather people do it!

It took me quite some time to figure out what to do with this skirt. The second I put it on (it was $3 thrifted), I knew I loved it and figured I would work out the details of how to wear it when I got home. But this was a tough piece, which sparked a thought. We all have tough pieces to wear, they are those pieces just sitting in our closets waiting for their other perfect counterpart to finally complete the outfit. But what if we had a segment of "how to wear it" where you all sent in a picture of an item that you need a little new perspective on, and I tried to pair it with a few different outfit choices and color concepts? I want this blog to be as interactive as possible, and I thought that would be fun! Thoughts? Who would participate??

Hope everyone is staying warm today!



Skirt: thrifted $3
Striped Shirt: Wet Seal $4
Sweater: Nordstrom, BP via my sister
Belt: Thrifted $1
Shoes: F21 $9



Linking up to:
Momma Go Round Ruby Girl WatchOutForTheWoestmans

6 comments:

  1. Love your mixture of patterns! Cute skirt :)

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt was a great find for $3! I love how you styled it with the stripes. Sometimes I buy things and then I get home and realize I have absolutely no clue what to pair it with!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute skirt. Don't you love those $3 finds? Who cares if it takes effort to find something to work with it. It's definitely worht it.

    That would be fun! Great idea. :) I would attempt to participate!

    hugs,
    ~bree

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...